ModelCitizen wrote:
> I notice there's an applet written by Triode called Enhanced Digital
> Output that enables the Touch to output 192khz digital signal, which it
> looks like the NDX might support. It replaces the kernal, which to me
> sounds pretty scary.
> Has anyone used this? Is it OK? (And no, I am not at all sure I have any
> music encoded at 192khz!)
Many people use it and it works fine.  If you decide later to remove it,
just do a factory reset or re-write the firmware (both with "reinstall
applets" disabled).  IIRC, at 192 coax worked more reliably than
optical; I don't remember particulars of USB as my DAC lacks it.

This is worth a read:
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?113479-Announce-Community-Firmware-for-Squeezebox-Radio-Touch-Controller-and-LMS-8