mherger wrote:
> > My suggestion (which Michael has said before that he does not like
> but
> > it works great for me) ...
>
> But it's so much more complicated than needed... and risks to mess with
>
> the managed plugins folder.
>
> I never zip the files before release. I edit them right from inside
> their folder where LMS picks them up whenever I restart LMS.

I don't like running a 2nd LMS on the same LAN because real players used
by others in the house sometimes migrate to it and leads to turmoil.
So LMS on pCP is production and development ... and I tend to write the
code in Windows using Notepad++

It does mean that I can only try out something new when no-one else is
listening to stuff but that is not a big issue since it stops me
spending inordinate amounts of time on it!

Paul Webster
http://dabdig.blogspot.com
author of \"now playing\" plugins covering radio france (fip etc),
planetradio (bauer - kiss, absolute, scala, jazzfm etc), kcrw, supla
finland, abc australia, cbc/radio-canada and rte ireland