anglecard48 wrote:
> I think I should get accustomed to it, play with it for a couple days --
> it should seem that any device that connects to Internet and allows me
> to enter the IP address would operate it. But I need to get into it. It
> may be that I keep the Duet and use the controller.

My 2 cents on the duet/controller - keep it, use it.

Just to reinforce, any sb UI can control any player. You could even use
a radio, touch, boom, etc exclusively as a "controller". So, you can use
any sb device with a UI as a "controller" of itself, of a different
device, or both/all in "sync". I have a friend that I setup using a pCP
as a server and player, but using a radio as the UI/Controller because
she is more comfortable with knobs and buttons and screen.

As mentioned a few post ago, just "point" the controller at your new
pCP/DAC. The controller is a handy device and you can just put the
receiver in storage until you can think of a use for it (workshop, spare
room, garage, etc).

I bought a duet in 2007, then bought another, so I have 2 controllers. I
started using squeeze cntrl (android app) before craig developed
material. I now use sc along with the material apk (android), material
on a desktop, and I have athe controllers in key rooms (e.g. workshop).
I also use harmony 650 remotes for controlling rooms where I have
touches (main listening/media/living rooms). The My Harmony software has
the sb devices in it's library. so it's easy.

I find for a controller, I just grab whatever is handy, controller,
phone, desktop, harmony remote, etc. I also find the controller a "hands
free" "what song is this?" screen especially for, say the workshop,
where my hands might not be clean.

To me, it's not worth the, say $80USD (max) I could get for the duet
(here in the US). Having said that, their screens can die (low
contrast), but the batteries are replaceable and still available.

Jim