Hi All,

After searching the internet and this forum for a bit, I decided to
start this subject because I could not really find anything about it.
Apologies in advance if I overlooked something obvious.
I wanted to post it on the new logitech forum that was announced
recently, but it seems to be down at the moment. So here it goes...

I have a bunch of Squeezeboxes (some Classics, a Duet and then an
additional controller), and since very recently, they are connected to a
recent version of LMS on Picoreplayer.

I really still love my Squeezeboxes and would prefer to keep using them
for as long as possible, however, I have become increasingly concerned
about any potential security risks.
The firmware (obviously) isn't updated anymore, at least not that I'm
aware.

So does anyone know if there is any clear and present danger, to use
these devices on the same network as my phone, laptop, company laptop,
and so on?

And is there any difference in that risk between being connected
directly to mysqueezebox.com vs being connected to the latest available
LMS?
(Would connecting to a recent LMS mitigate any of the security risks of
directly connecting with an old SB to the internet?)

I am considering to setup a separate network, but if it turns out that
there's not much reason to worry, then I'd prefer to avoid the hassle.