jablonski wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> After searching the internet and this forum for a bit, I decided to
> start this subject because I could not really find anything about it.
> Apologies in advance if I overlooked something obvious.
> I wanted to post it on the new logitech forum that was announced
> recently, but it seems to be down at the moment. So here it goes...
>
> I have a bunch of Squeezeboxes (some Classics, a Duet and then an
> additional controller), and since very recently, they are connected to a
> recent version of LMS on Picoreplayer.
>
> I really still love my Squeezeboxes and would prefer to keep using them
> for as long as possible, however, I have become increasingly concerned
> about any potential security risks.
> The firmware (obviously) isn't updated anymore, at least not that I'm
> aware.
>
> So does anyone know if there is any clear and present danger, to use
> these devices on the same network as my phone, laptop, company laptop,
> and so on?
>
> And is there any difference in that risk between being connected
> directly to mysqueezebox.com vs being connected to the latest available
> LMS?
> (Would connecting to a recent LMS mitigate any of the security risks of
> directly connecting with an old SB to the internet?)
>
> I am considering to setup a separate network, but if it turns out that
> there's not much reason to worry, then I'd prefer to avoid the hassle.

I don’t think there are any security risks applying to SB Devices as
they themselves don’t hold data and are built purely to stream music.

You are far more likely to introduce a malware into your network by
clicking on a link in an email or on a website than you are of
introducing it via LMS.

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* Joggler & Pi4/Khadas  -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s

*Office* Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
*Dining Room* SB Boom
*Kitchen* UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom* SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s +
Kef ceiling speakers
*Guest Room* Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS