I only found this thread now, even though it is many months old.

I have been trying to configure a single Raspberry Pi to have two
players, each acting as though it has a separate library. I have
succeeded in getting two players working (Multisqueeze from Max2Play),
but they shared the same library. But in this thread, I read that with
the "Additional Browse Mode" plug-in, I can control which library is
_viewed_ "by player." But perhaps what is playing and showing is not
related to what is viewed....

Assume I have a thumb drive plugged into my Raspberry Pi with much music
in a directory called MyMusic (to reuse the term from this thread) and
other music in the directory PaulsStuff (again, reusing a term).

Assume I configure one player as 192.168.0.100 and call it "Main Player"
and set its library to media/usb/MyMusic . And I configure the other
player as 192.168.0.101, call it "Alt Player" and set its library as
media/usb/PaulsStuff.

If this works the way I want it to work, it means that when I connect
the Orange Squeeze user interface to the "server" named "Main Player"
the "Albums" choice on the main menu will show only the items in
MyMusic, and when I set the server in Orange Squeeze to Alt Player
"Albums" will show only the items in PaulsStuff. And even more critical
to me, when I shuffle the Main Player (I often leave the player set to
shuffle by disc, using the "Don't Stop the Music" plug-in), the Main
Player will shuffle only from those items in MyMusic. Similarly, when I
shuffle the Alt Player, it will only shuffle the items in PaulsStuff. So
I could have MyMusic playing in one room and PaulsStuff playing in
another at the same time.

Is my understanding correct? If so, great! That is what I have been
unable to figure out how to do for a very long time.

It may be that the critical part of my question can be abbreviated this
way: Can the Library View selected also determine which items are
shuffled by "Don't stop the music"?