I find that assigning different library views to different players
doesn't seem to work in all cases.

E.g.

Using the *default UI* I can assign different library views to different
players.

If I select player A (assigned "Christmas music" library view) and
click on Albums or Album Artists, it displays Albums or Album Artists
from "Christmas music".

If I select player B (assigned "Squeezebox music" library view) and
click on Albums or Album Artists, it displays Albums or Album Artists
from "Squeezebox music".

For Albums and Album Artists, selecting a particular player from the
player dropdown box top right, instantly changes the Albums or Album
Artists displayed in the left panel, to match the assigned library view
for that player, as expected.

However, selecting player A (Christmas Music), clicking on *Random
Albums* or *New music* displays only albums from "all library" that
contain a track with the word Christmas in the track title.

My "*Random mix*" is set to show 100 upcoming tracks, if I press play on
the random songs item, scrolling down the playlist queue, there isn't a
single track listed from my "Christmas music" library view.

All above is true for the Default skin, Squeezebox Touch UI, and
Jivelite on a PI/piCore screen.

Using the Material skin or Orange Squeeze, UI displays only Albums or
Album Artists, etc. from the last library view that I selected using
that UI, no matter which player I select.

*Server - LMS 8.3.0 *Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library,
playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
*Study -* Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
*Lounge* - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
*Dining Room* - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
*Garage* - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

*Spares* - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi