Personally I never had this issue until I started using PiCorePlayer on
rpi. Even with squeezelite on osmc and libreelec it never happened
asaik..
Also in my case volume issue (reverting to 49) is only present on rpi
pCp. None of others hw squeezeboxes..( Touches, radios and receiver)
don't suffer this.

Saying that, I have disabled Spotify Connect endpoint on rpi yesterday
and it's been fine so far. No spontaneous volume change to 49. but I
guess it's too early to say if that had any impact

3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with
HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander,
Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in
DS218+)