Labarum wrote:
> But tell me about the headphone socket on the Pi4, please. I plugged in
> a pair of cheap, sensitive headphones  - nothing. I turned the software
> volume control right up and could hear the music - but it was not loud
> even at max volume. Is that 3.5mm jack socket more of a line out?
So I guess you're experimenting with the Pi4 as a player in addition to
using it as your LMS server?

I've never used a Pi4 as a player, but I did once use an old Pi1 as a
player, and can confirm that the 3.5mm output on that was line level.
I can't see any reason why they'd change the purpose of the 3.5mm output
on later models.

Until recently: Transporter -> ATC SCM100A, now sold :-(
House move forced change to: piCorePlayer(RPi2/HiFiBerry DIGI2 Pro) ->
Meridian 218 -> Meridian M6