I post again to thank everyone yet again for the patience, kindness and
generosity towards me.

I am now set up with an energy efficient and very competent LMS
streaming system running on my very nice second hand Pi4, courtesy of a
forum member.

Half my CDs I ripped 20 years ago and the remaining half I have just
done with EAC. The free metadata database performed poorly with my
esoteric collection of "Classical" CDs most of which are 30 years old,
but the few dollars for the paid for resource was worth it and found
most of my needs. A small number of my CDs have deteriorated and would
not rip - nor would they play well on my CD player.

I thought I would have about 200 CDs, and I thought they would half fill
and a bit a 128GB USB flash drive. I was right on both counts. As I
finished off the project with a backup in two separate locations, to my
surprise and amusement LMS told me I had exactly 200 albums in my
collection.

There are some tagging issues I must address when I find the energy.

You will see that as I got to the end of a Boccherini Cello Concert
"Don't Stop the Music" threw me into a Classical Radio Station from
Boston.

All very nifty!

So thanks to all.

37104

|Filename: Screenshot 2022-02-02 20.04.52.jpg                       |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37104|

Brian

In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video
Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp  - AVI
Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC
into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s