Labarum wrote:
> I post again to thank everyone yet again for the patience, kindness and
> generosity towards me.
>
> I am now set up with an energy efficient and very competent LMS
> streaming system running on my very nice second hand Pi4, courtesy of a
> forum member.
>
> Half my CDs I ripped 20 years ago and the remaining half I have just
> done with EAC. The free metadata database performed poorly with my
> esoteric collection of "Classical" CDs most of which are 30 years old,
> but the few dollars for the paid for resource was worth it and found
> most of my needs. A small number of my CDs have deteriorated and would
> not rip - nor would they play well on my CD player.
>
> I thought I would have about 200 CDs, and I thought they would half fill
> and a bit a 128GB USB flash drive. I was right on both counts. As I
> finished off the project with a backup in two separate locations, to my
> surprise and amusement LMS told me I had exactly 200 albums in my
> collection.
>
> There are some tagging issues I must address when I find the energy.
>
> You will see that as I got to the end of a Boccherini Cello Concert
> "Don't Stop the Music" threw me into a Classical Radio Station from
> Boston.
>
> All very nifty!
>
> So thanks to all.
>
> 37104

I submit Sir that you are hooked!
You will now spend countless hours in an OCD driven pursuit of the
perfect set of tags and a totally organised library exactly as you want
it. Good luck. Some of us know from experience that it is a very
enjoyable and quite rewarding but ultimately impossible exercise.

Jim
https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* Joggler & Pi4/Khadas  -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s

*Office* Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
*Dining Room* SB Radio
*Bedroom (Bedside)* Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom* SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s +
Kef ceiling speakers
*Guest Room* Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes