mherger wrote:
> Thus after running "apt update" you should be able to install whatever
> you need.
Doh!  I dooo know that...!!!  While I'm running Rocky on my server, on
my lappy I'm running PureOS and running `$ sudo apt update && sudo apt
upgrade` at least every other day.  Apologies for the mindless moment.
After running `# apt update && apt upgrade`, installing what I wanted
was absolutely not an issue.

> Thus there's no need to pre-install all kinds of tools 99.something
> percent of all users would never ever need.
Couldn't agree more.

> I would expect to be able to install those tools manually when needed.
Me too :-/

bpa wrote:
> The "resume on power on " means as soon as contact is made - LMS (rather
> than player) will initiate communication before anything else has a
> chance to interfere.
Interesting to know.

> Since SB Radio have same MAC foir wifi and ethernet and if you quickly
> switch networjk connection between wired/wireless without rebooting 2
> routers and LMS - it is possible some cache got out of sync. My feeling
> is that a broken system suddenly working "after an overnigh rest" is
> often cache related.
Thanks, that's the sort of 'magic' it feels like.

mrw wrote:
> And perhaps saved a few bob, because only one MAC address needed to be
> "bought".
Ah, good.
> Simply because SqueezeOS chooses to call the Ethernet adaptor eth0 and
> the WiFi adaptor eth1.
I missed the difference between 0 & 1, perhaps anticipating a `wifi0` or
something,

Thanks all.