I've just installed Squeezeplay on a new M1 Mac  - did the xattr fix and
I'm up and running.  With one of the QVGA skins it's a great compact
little player and/or controller to leave in a corner of the desktop. My
Mac is a 16" Macbook, and it has surprisingly good built-in speakers, so
I'll likely use Squeezeplay as my desktop player while working.

As with all my audio sources, I like to tune the sound to my preference,
so I've found some software equalisers (eqMac, Airfoil) that can tune
the output of the built-in 'MacBook Pro Speakers'.  They work nicely
with, say, the macOS Spotify app, but they don't have any effect on the
output from Squeezeplay.  I expect that's because Squeezeplay uses a
different output method to other apps.

Is there perhaps a way to route Squeezeplay's output so that these
software equalisers will work?