chill wrote:
> I've just installed Squeezeplay on a new M1 Mac  - did the xattr fix and
> I'm up and running.  With one of the QVGA skins it's a great compact
> little player and/or controller to leave in a corner of the desktop. My
> Mac is a 16" Macbook, and it has surprisingly good built-in speakers, so
> I'll likely use Squeezeplay as my desktop player while working.
>
> As with all my audio sources, I like to tune the sound to my preference,
> so I've found some software equalisers (eqMac, Airfoil) that can tune
> the output of the built-in 'MacBook Pro Speakers'.  They work nicely
> with, say, the macOS Spotify app, but they don't have any effect on the
> output from Squeezeplay.  I expect that's because Squeezeplay uses a
> different output method to other apps.
>
> Is there perhaps a way to route Squeezeplay's output so that these
> software equalisers will work?

How to these EQs provide audio shaping?

Squeezeplay uses the default core audio device.  However if you change
the device while SP is running you need to restart SP before the new
device is used.

The 1st post of this thread suggests how to change the default device SP
uses.  The instructions are dated and may not work with the MacOS 12.x.
I use automator to start SP.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *2*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.