I use an updater program (MacUpdater) to update apps. It downloaded
SqueezePlay Ok but failed to install, reporting

'SqueezePlay' Update Failed

The code-signature of the downloaded update is either invalid, revoked
or unsigned.
Additional Info: The code-signature of the downloaded update is
invalid.
Download URL:
https://downloads.sourceforge.net/Imsclients/SqueezePlay-M1-8.0.1r1402.dmg
Full Signature Report:
/private/var/folders/t0/m03sg5f93qs1mx4|d2tk3w440000gn/T/Temporaryltems/NSIRD_MacUpdater_QK4N83/SqueezePlay-M1-8.0.1r1402_folder/SqueezePlay.app:
code has no resources but signature indicates they must be present.

I don't know if this issue would affect anyone using a more
straightforward method of installing it, but maybe a small change is
needed.