bpa wrote:

> I think consolidating info from a number of different sources could
> result in many duplicates as returned station names or URLs for the same
> station may not be entered exactly the same (e.g. Irish national
> broadcaster RTE vs RTÉ )

If I might chime in with some thoughts~

I would envision a solution where "radio" is just a location for the
plugin/services to reside - tune in, radio.net, Paul's Radio Now
playing, etc. Then a general search would cover all services, but
instead of returning a full list possibly with duplicate, would return -
Tune In(60) Radio.net (10), etc. The user could then drill down..

The other thing to keep in mind, while many are discovering LMS, most of
"us" are experienced users. (To me) it seems like "Radio" was targeted
to the "I bought a sb radio, plugged it in, lets listen to the
internet". If you are to change "radio" I would think it makes sense to
target power over convenience for functionality. Remember, allot of the
wonderful powerful plugin and functions of LMS are not "plug and play"
for those new to LMS (example DSTM, You Tube plugin, etc). If a new user
wants plug and play they choose sonos these days.

my 2 cents to stimulate thoughts, or, just dismiss it as another
rambling ;)
Jim