I suppose I should be able to dig around and experiment, but I'd rather
just ask :) go to -italics- for the question if the back story is
boring

We all know sb device, LMS, and mysb.com, and their roles pretty well.
But then we deploy them to technically challenged and inexperienced
friend and family, then "things happen"

I have seen this, or similar at least 5+ times. I'd like to find a way
out to avoid it:

I deployed a touch, rpi3b+ (pcp server only) to a non technical and not
very willing to learn friend and he thinks the world of it. I went over
the other day and he was listening to pandora (sure, why not). He said
"I cannot get radio paradise anymore" so I investigated with him
watching. I backed out, then into favorites, which identified mysb.com
is the server. I went to my music, and it could not connect to the LMS
server. I went over to the little pi box and the power supply was
switched off (tidying up?). I turned it on and viola, was able to use my
music to switch to LMS, then favorites to the RP links I set up. I told
him what happened. Blank stare. He had lived with it for months. So, I
knew it was bound to repeat. Had it just not worked (no mysb.com) I
would have gotten a call.

-So, my question(s) - is there a way to turn off the auto switch to
mysb.com if LMS is not available? The "integration" setting in LMS seems
to be only for player settings. Further, if I can prevent the switch,
can mysb.com still be used to account validate his Pandora?-

My comment - it seems to me that the auto switch, with no real display
of what server you are using, can trip our less experienced people up.
What are the ways we can prevent that? Is there a way on the touch
screen to always list the server name, even if it's invisible until you
tap? Also, I know to use MyMusic to switch to LMS and
settings->advanced->forgot what this is->switch to mysb.com to switch to
mysb.com, but it's not intuitive to others. I do know that I can add the
settings->~ to the main menu, but, do less experienced?

Jim

PS - as a side note, I have been thinking about starting a thread on
"accessibility". We all know this from computers/devices as the attempt
to equalize the experience with the hearing, sight, and physically
impaired. But what about daft and unwilling to learn? My thought would
be to share our experiences and "tricks and tips" to make this flexible
and powerful system as close to push and play as possible. Think a
thread on this would be useful?