MrC wrote:
> If you have an extra, I would be interested in one.  I'd like to have a
> modern unit to eventually replace a Touch, should one of my 2 devices
> succumb to old age.  I'd like to get a head start coming up to speed on
> the requirements for such a unit.
>
> I'm not concerned about the cost.  I'd need simultaneous optical and RCA
> out, Ethernet, but don't care about WiFi.  I almost never look at the
> display since it lives in my server cabinet with the whole house audio
> amps and other equipment.  Any reasonable case would be fine.  I run LMS
> on my Mac.
>
> I'm not a hardware guy, and although competent enough to do assembly,
> I'd prefer to avoid breaking out in cold sweats trying to do anything
> more than snapping parts together and basic wiring.
>
> I've read through this thread, and the others, but still feel uncertain
> enough that I need to ask - would this unit meet these needs, and what
> would you recommend?

If you need Ethernet, then the SqueezeAMP is not going to work without a
fair bit of hardware tinkering, so I would not recommend it

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3