I read the OP yesterday and decided to keep quiet as to not be a
distraction. Something I should do more often.

I use a pi3b+ with pcp as a server, but I have no squeeze lite devices.
But I had one thought, so I returned here today. Why not just start with
a fresh install of pcp on your 3b+, follow the "how to's" exactly, and
see if you can get good behavior out of the headphone jack? You can use
phones/buds, or just use a jack->rca cable and plug it into an
amp/speakers.

>From what I remember, to get that far takes just a few minutes. Get that
working, then take the next step. Identify the step that breaks it...or,
cheer if it just works in the end :)

If you decide to try this, make sure you check everything at each step
(i.e. your spotify connect issue too)

Jim