I have two problems through the Squeezebox UI (not with Slimserver as
such) with special characters appearing in artist and album names as
well as track titles.

1. When browsing artists and scrolling through the list, when I reach
the first artist whose names contains a special character (the beloved
Björk) my Slim.EXE (running as a hidden application not a Windows
Service) just stops.

2. I discovered today that it does the same thing when coming to a
track name in a playlist containing accented characters.  I was happily
playing a double various artists album through 2 SB1's sync'd and each
time the track "La poupée qui fait non" got cued up the slim
application on my PC just stopped again.

I posted seperately once before on the beta forum about this (as I'm
running 6.5b1) and saw the log entries generated on the failure which
were only produced by my iTunesUpdate plugin - a quick dialog with
James Craig identifying that he could fix those messages but not the
main failure.

Do I need to do something special to get my setup to manage
special/accented characters?

--
jhurley