I was just contemplating this today (and feel free to point me to any
previous discussion on something similar).  There might be a niche
market for what I might call the Squeezebox Mobile.

I envision a stripped down player, similar functionally to the the
original Slimp3 (perhaps not even with wireless if that means you
cannot operate it off battery for a reasonable amount of time).
Basically what I want is an MP3 only device that would be designed to
allow me to put it in my pocket and then jack in anywhere in the world
and access my tunes.  I could use a headphone or plug it into a friends
stereo and play DJ. Anywhere there is a network connection I could
access my entire music collection.

Now this would probably be a niche device because it requires the
smarts to setup a server and router and dynamic dns access to it but I
would drop some money on this so I would not have to have a full blown
PC and Softsqueeze to do the same (what I do now).  Markets would
include business travellers, kids going to parties and wanting to share
tunes, people at work, etc.

Thoughts?

--
Daryle Tilroe