I don't have a Squeezebox yet, but seriously thinking about it, because
the sound quality I get through my TiVo is not that great.

I use MusicMagic all the time with my TiVo ( http://www.predixis.com ).
The nice thing is that the first option  on the TiVo MusicMagic screen
is the 'Instant Mix'.  This creates a mix based on a random song in
your collection.  If I don't like it, I just press left arrow and try
another instant mix.

As I understand how MusicMagic works with the Squeezebox is that there
is a little icon or something behind the songtitle when it is
'mixable'.

My question is if it is easy to get a random song out of my whole
collection to create a MusicMagic Mix.  I read somewhere that there is
an option for 'Random Mix' for the Sqeezebox.  Does this work
'instantly' or do you have to wait 10s of seconds for it to show?

THanks!

--
treble