Michaelwagner wrote:
Can you boot Linux headless? I seem to recall a conversation months ago
that said not really, because there'd be nowhere to report bootup
problems.

I think the answer really is "it depends"
It is more of a PC thing than a Linux thing, and even then
it depends on the distro you are using. I have lots of
linux on a KVM, mostly because sometimes I need to see the startup messages.

Some BIOS really want to see a keyboard to boot properly.
Some have settings to ignore a missing keyboard.

We bought a bunch of IBM rackmounted Linux boxes a while back
and they don't even have a VGA output for video.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html