Are those steps you gave steps I can make using the remote on the SB3 or
what? I have never seen those options go by in the time I have been
scrolling through SB3 menus.

I don't know how to make the Slimserver machine ping the SB3 since I
don't know the SB3 IP address. How do I get it? I suspect the answer
would be that I can't ping it since Slimserver software claims 'Your
Player was not found.'

Thanks for everybody's help. I have been waiting for this device to
show up for 7 weeks and now that it is here I am majorly weary of
stressing my way through this difficult setup.

--
Bruce S.