OK.

1) Squeezebox boots up and says hi
-- I'll give you that one even though it doesn't say Hi.
2) You press the button, it requests an address from your router
No. I requests an encryption key/router password from me. After I
type it in, it goes off (connecting to wireless network) and comes back
with the Automatic DHCP bit.
3) Your router gives it one -- first potential problem. Did it give an
address? Is the address right?
It finds an address. How could it find a bogus one? And is it
supposed to be finding the IP address that 'ipconfig' tells me? If it
is, it is not finding the right one. I tried skipping the automatic
DHCP bit and then was asked to type in a bunch of IP address like
things. I got stumped when it asked me for the DNS server address. I
have no idea what a DNS server address is or what its values are.
--

4) Squeezebox searches the network for a Slimserver -- second
potential

5) It connects, it updates its firmware and is good to go.

--
Bruce S.