superbad Wrote:
> I only use allofmp3 to buy music from artists who have been dead for at
> least 10 years. I figure they don't miss the royalties too much.
But their families might.

Regardless of how you personally feel about it, society as a whole
decided, not just for music but for all copyright issues, decades ago,
that copyrights last for some period of time after the copyright holder
has died (I think it's 50 years).

Notice that has nothing to do with the artist. The copyright holder is
the person who wrote the music, the words or both. S/He might even be
alive, even though the performer is dead. It often happens that they
don't die at the same time :-)

--
Michaelwagner