kewe65 wrote:
No, the files are decoded prior to the soundcard.  A programmer
reverse-engineered the quicktime API for the protected format and put
the method in a book - "QuickTime for Java: A Developer's Notebook" By
Chris Adamson

The software I'm talking about, "Music Library", is unique in that it's
the only thing out there right now that will play all different file
types AND also access Sony CD Changer tracks via a Slink-e AND placed
them in the same inventoried library list.

http://www.mccain.metaconnect.com/musiclib.htm

I don't have any ITMS files or $45 to test it out, but I think you may be misunderstanding what I'm saying when I say "play via the soundcard"... what I mean is "deliver the unencrypted sound to the soundcard as opposed to a network pipe or file handle". If this program does enable delivery of unencrypted sound to something other than the soundcard, he can probably expect a Cease & Desist from Apple pretty soon. Still, you might be able to hack something together in the meantime.

I'm curious about this latter path.  Could you describe this in lay
terms?  I could use the squeezebox to receive the stream based on
capturing whatever is passed to the soundcard?

I already actually have the computer wired to take the output from the
card to go back into the PC via a 2nd sound card - a Lynx Studio pro
model.

This allows me to record anything the PC plays without any extra
software...
So you're already most of the way there. You next need to convert that line-in into an http stream. Shoutcast and Icecast are two methods for doing this. This methodology is a huge pain to set up, maintain, and use though. It will probably never work reliably. You're really a lot better off just burning to CD and ripping back to MP3 (a one-time hassle).

--
Jack at Monkeynoodle dot Org: It's a Scientific Venture...
Riding the Emergency Third Rail Power Trip Since 1996