Couldn't you do this the other way around?  That is, use iTunes to play
the stream that SlimServer is generating?

Connect iTunes to the SlimServer stream
http://ip.address:9000/stream.mp3

Then use the Squeezebox or the Web interface to control what is being
played.

I think this should work for everything except music purchased from the
iTunes Music Store - to play those through SlimServer you'll need to
burn to CD and then import from the CD.  A pain, but at least it's
doable.

(I don't have my Squeezebox yet - it's on the truck to be delivered
today!  But I listen to my home library from work through iTunes and I
think it works similarly to what you're trying to do.)

- Jasen.

--
jasenj1