mparin Wrote:
> MrC, Thank you so much, Sir!
>
> That seems to be her problem... when she types the following at the
> command prompt: Telnet <ipaddressofserver> 9000, the error message she
> get is as follows:
> 'Could not open connection to host on port 9000: Connect failed'
>
> So, given that that is the problem, is there any way around it?
>
> Again, thanks much for your help so far..

Well, if port 9000 is blocked on her side, you could try setting up an
SSH server at home and having her connect with an SSH client, and
tunneling ports 9000 and 3483.  It is likely that the firewall does not
block port 22, which is used for an SSH server.

Just to be sure we were clear, your wife did try the actual IP address
of your WAN IP and not the intended replacement text of
<ipaddressofserver> (eg telnet 34.35.36.37 9000).

The test you ran on only indicated that she cannot connect to your
server.  Her firewall, your firewall, or your slimserver could be
blocking the connection.  You'll have to determine which  of those it
is.

--
MrC