rtitmuss Wrote:
> On 11 Feb 2006, at 15:18:
>
> Can you try running with 'squeezeslave --debug slimproto
> <slimserverip>', and then post the output.

Here's the output:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Theo>"C:\Documents and
Settings\Theo\Desktop\SqueezeSl
ave.lnk" --mac 00:09:5b:95:7c:42 192.168.100.5 --debug slimproto

C:\Documents and Settings\Theo>Found 4 devices
Primary Sound Driver : : 2
SoundMAX Digital Audio : : 2
Primary Sound Capture Driver : 11025.000000 22050.000000
44100.000000 :
2
SoundMAX Digital Audio : 11025.000000 22050.000000 44100.000000
: 2
slimproto_connect(192.168.100.5, 3483)
PortAudio on DirectSound - Latency = 5376 frames, 121 msec
Connected to 192.168.100.5
slimproto_send: cmd=HELO len=10
slimproto_recv cmd=vers len=9
Cannot parse vers
slimproto_recv cmd=grfb len=6
Cannot parse grfb
slimproto_recv cmd=grfe len=1120
Cannot parse grfe
slimproto_recv cmd=visu len=50
Cannot parse visu
slimproto_recv cmd=audg len=22
Cannot parse audg
slimproto_recv cmd=grfe len=1120
Cannot parse grfe
[Above line Repeats infinitely]

rtitmuss Wrote:
> On 11 Feb 2006, at 15:18:
> > OT:  Anyone have any way to diagnose the softsqueeze problem?  I
> can't
> > seem to get anything useful to show in the console.  I was able to
> get
> > one version of softsqueeze to generate an error.log file.  In that
> file
> > it had a "NullPointerException"  relating to "UDP".  This is all on a
>
> > XP
> > system that uses a content filtering mechanism called
> ContentProtect.
> >

> Could you post the exact error? It may be that ContentProtect is not
> allowing Softsqueeze/squeezeslave to communicate with the slimserver?
>
> Richard
Here's the error:

Exception in thread "SlimUDP-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.slim.softsqueeze.Protocol$UdpSocket.run(Protocol.java:525)

Richard:

My desire is really to get Softsqueeze working again as this is my
son's computer.   I have tried disabling the "Content Protect"
application, but it has no effect.   Softsqueeze UI comes up but it
never gets to "Welcome to Slimserver" and the Remote Buttons are
unresponsive.  However, the web interface will display (although it
won't show softsqueeze as a player) and the options windows/tabs will
show up as well, but I can't find any options that will make this
work.

I very much appreciate your help.

*Bradley

--