Had one last go at drag and drop file transfer (4th time lucky?)...
Lock-up after 30 minutes (3GB - only halfway though the A's). Got this
pop-up message: "An error occurred while reconnecting T: to
\\SlimServer-01\Qdownload. Microsoft Windows Network: The local device
name is already in use. This connection has not been restored."

Same outcome - HDD light continuously on and had to pull the power and
reboot. I have mapped a drive letter to each of the pre-created Qnap
folders and was copying to the "Public\Music" drive\folder, but for
some reason it seems that an error with an, as yet, entirely unused
folder\drive caused it to fail.

No idea what's going on, but I'm obviously not going to be able to copy
all of my music to the appropriate Qnap folder via my network as it
stands...

--
happyfishman