results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=22423
Question: France Vs Apple

- Apple are right
- The French are right
- Both are wrong, I have a better solution (explain)
- What's France?

Just wondering what people around here think of the DRM debate going on
over in France.

I have read a few articles and forum threads, many of which seem to be
American's sticking up for Apple and bashing the French, purely
because, well, it's the French (they seem to get bashed because they
said the Iraq adventure was a bad idea and refused to play, which
obviously annoys people even more now that they were actually right)
and not really thinking objectively about the real implications.

Anyway, back to the main point, I actually think the French are right
on here. Personally, i would never buy music from itunes, it's a rip
off when a CD is almost the same price yet better qualiy. however I do
believe people should be allowed to make the choice to buy a non-apple
product and still be able to play -their- music they have invested in.
And monopolies are never really great from consumers anyway.

Also, if people could play the files on other devices, then the need
for people to crack and remove the DRM would be reduced. This French
law could actually help the fight again piracy. Of course Apple are
still screaming like little girl in the playground who has had her
candy bar stolen.

People here seem like level headed, intelligent thinking people. So
please don't make this a "USA, we're number 1, the French suck!" debate
like elsewhere. Should Apple open up thier DRM?

PS - for people that have not heard, the French government is trying to
pass a law that allows other companies to use apples DRM (Not remove DRM
from itunes tracks); http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4833010.stm

--
dangerous_dom