Mark Norton Wrote:
> No point you buying a drive duplicator because if you don't get
> SlimServer working on the QNAP, your sales are going to dry up anyway.
> I'm on the point of returning mine, not fit for purpose. Hello? The
> general idea is that you do the development and testing before you con
> people into buying the product, not after.
Slimserver works perfectly well on the Qnap. There is a problem with
AAC files which Progressive are working on (I understand this might be
Mark's problem). Given the efficient way other teething problems have
been dealt with, I trust that Progressive will fix this too. I can
understand Mark's frustration, but his email above doesn't give much
detail and I wouldn't want anyone to go away with the idea that the
Qnap as a Slimserver solution fundamentally doesn't work. It does and
very well, surprisingly well for the money.

--
Fifer