timmorris thnaks for the response.

My problem is that the "uncheck songs in ITune" check box will not stay
the way I want it -  I want to display songs that are not checked.  I
rip using ITunes and use lossless.

As far as my characterization of SS, I think it is about right.  The
problem is that it is not reliable.  I hold my breath every time I use
it.  Often it will not respond or there will be a significant delay in
it responding. Having it open on two browsers seems to be asking for
trouble. Sometimes it does not show all the CDs and I need to rescan.
To me it just has the feel of a temperamental program.  It is certainly
not robust.  When it works, which it usually does, I have no problem
with it - although I don’t like browser based apps.

Clearly, the very forum we are communicating in is a testament to the
number of problems that users have.  While no doubt some are
attributable to user error there are far to many not to assign some
fault to the program itself.  Part of the problem, as you may know, is
that there is a tremendous variety on the Windows side as to both
hardware and software.  A SS that works fine on your machine may not
work on mine because in the background I am running MSDE and Hamachi
and your not.

I would urge SD to either put resources into improving SS or write a
small fast app for doing the basic displaying and playing.  I would be
willing to pay for such an app.

I also have issues when it comes to indexing music.  I listen to a lot
of classical.  I have three versions of Mahler’s Second Symphony which
is 2 discs each.  There is no easy way I have found to keep this
straight. (I am not blaming SS for this).  In sum I think there is a
lot to be improved upon.  Most posts seem to think SD needs to upgrade
the hardware, I think the need is much greater on the software side.

KW

--
KevinW