results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=19369
Question: Do you have a 770?

- Got it
- Want it
- Need it
- Forget it

dth122 Wrote:
> I've been using the 770 extensively as my exclusive SB3 interface -
> thanks Ben for the hard work.  It really transforms the experience of
> the SB3.
> It seems that the Now Playing screen doesn't update automatically.  If
> the screen turns off and the song changes, when I tap the screen for it
> to turn back on, the old song is still displayed even after waiting over
> a minute or through another song change.  This song will stay there
> until I change screens to something else then back to Now Playing.
> Is this correct, or should the Now Playing screen update
> automatically?
> - Dave

Dave, I've run into this as well. I think what's happening is that when
the 770 goes to power save mode (screen dims or turns off), an
additional step it takes is to break the network connection. It's a
pity that it does this, but the 770 consumes a lot more power when WiFi
is active. When the network connection breaks, it also stops the browser
from attempting to refresh.

Sorry that's not a solution (which I don't have), but I believe that's
what's happening. My best solution is to tap the screen to bring it
back to life, then top on the musical note icon to do a hard refresh of
the screen. If anyone has a better workaround for this behavior, please
post.

cheers,
#!/ben

--