So I don't know enough about the 6.5 plugin to make reliable
suggestions.

I assume you have the script for "Power Off" selected. I assume that,
like the 6.1 version, it must have an option for "No Script" and an
option for each script you have, and that you have selected the option
for your script.

It certainly could do no harm to see if the script worked when set for
one of the other events, for instance on Stop, or even on Play File.

You said in an earlier post "When I select the startup.bat as the
option from and press the "Play" button, ther SB3 screen says "running
script" and points to the "Script" directory - so that seems to be OK."
It's not clear to me if the script did definitely run and act on your PC
- the message from the Squeezebox really just means that it has told the
computer to run the script, not that it did run successfully.

Again, Windows is not an OS I know, but I wonder if there are issues
about which user is running SlimServer and which user is entitled to
run the script.

--
danco