Michaelwagner Wrote:
> Mark: I'm not sure of the connection you're drawing between ad hoc
> wireless 802.11 and M$' flawed implementation of zero config.
>
> I've run ad hoc with zero config turned off, and also with it on, on
> W2K (which doesn't even have zero config) and XP.

Hmm.  All the online documentation seemed to suggest this was handled
by WZC.  Is yours handled by your wireless NIC connection software?

Should we encourage or discourage it?

In a related topic on Windows systems, I have heard that ICS is
problematic. I'm wondering if I should keep the caution about that?

I guess it would help if I actually tried either ad-hoc or ICS instead
of going by secondhand info.  :-)

--
Mark Lanctot