JSonnabend Wrote:
> Perhaps a better solution would be to stop SlimServer from messing with
> DB entries once they've been populated.  That way, anyone could write
> an external app to populate the db without worrying about tags, sorting
> algorithms, etc.
>
> As it stands now, SlimServer "updates" DB entries whenever it plays a
> track.  There was a thread on this earlier.
I believe it will only update the database if the audio file has a
newer timestamp.

Someone posted a nifty little plugin that lets a user modify the
NameSort fields within the Contributors table.  Works very well, and is
exactly the type of thing you're talking about.  The data that you put
there remains there until you run a new library scan, afterwhich you
just run the plugin to repopulate the NameSort strings from an outside
database (text file).

--
JJZolx

Jim