On 5/24/06, JSonnabend
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

@geoffb:

I disagree that the tags are the "actual data".  I keep my "actual
data" in an Access DB (I use CATraxx).  A real DB is more efficient
than file-to-file tags, whose real purpose is to allow players to
extract data about tracks they're playing.

Presumably you remove tags from your files, so the data is only in one
place, and store the path/filename in the DB?  And make efforts to not
move files after they've been DB-tagged?  If you want to use the files
on another system (like a portable player), what do you do?

I agree in principle; but until iAccess is released for the iPod for
iAverageJoe, I suspect your implementation will be in the minority :)

Cheers,
Geoff