Nathaniel Morgan Wrote:

> I'm using a M-Audio Delta 1010 soundcard with breakout box. It supports
> 10
> out channels (5 stereo pairs). Each stereo pair is treated as a
> separate
> sound device by Windows. You just configure each softsqueeze instance
> with
> one of the stereo pair virtual devices, and away you go - 5 different
> players on one PC (actually 6, because I can also use the built-in
> sound
> card).

Wow, that sounds really interesting (and cool).

The one question that comes to mind for me immediately is how is the
performance?  The Softsqueeze player sometimes seems to use a lot of
resources, probably because it is written in Java.

This would seem like a perfect time to use Squeezeslave, but I don't
think you can change the virtual MAC address on that.  I also don't
think you can choose the output device it uses.

--
NWP