Hello,

I used to run slimserver on a Linux box, with the music stored on a NAS
device. That Linux box just died on me so I moved to server to my new
Intel iMac. (I used the Mac 6.2.2 dmg file)
And there I found out that it is barely usable.

- The web interface is slow. It takes _several minutes_ before a page
apears. During that time music playback stops.
- The interface on the box is slow too. To the point of being unusable.
It takes between 10-20 seconds for the display to react to key presses
on the remote. Half of the time "lost contact with slimserver" apears
between updates.

All this time the slimserver process only consumes about 3-4% of CPU
power. So it is obviously not a computer performance problem.

What can I do about this?

--
KristVB