bklaas Wrote:
> Whoa, that's a heck of a thought. I had no idea you could pick up a
> touchscreen that cheap. Do you have one? Anyone have one? Anyone used
> it for controlling slimserver? If it's a great slim remote I would
> mostly care less if it did anything else well...
>
> I still have a dream of having a dedicated "slim kiosk" that would sit
> next to the squeezebox and could run a slick UI (my allegiance is,
> unsurprisingly, to the Nokia770). The 770 itself is not a good option
> for that role (it's a handheld, not something to view from across the
> room).
>
> cheers,
> #!/ben

My friend has two of them.  They work well, but they aren't hand helds.
They are good for the bartop though.  One of the problems with buying a
used unit like this is that you can't really expect long battery life.
He leaves them plugged in when using them.

I understand your allegiance to the 770, but if they aren't hooking you
up with some free stuff by now after you've indirectly sold so many
units for them (I know my brother bought one just to use as a
squeezebox controller because of your skin), it may be time to rethink
that allegiance and rename your skin.  How about the "Klassic Handheld
Skin"?

--
NWP