OK, I don't use godfather myself but I know others do.  As for that
annoying behaviour of mp3tag - its very easy to fix: it remembers the
last directory you were looking at when it next starts up, so all you
have to do is point it at a single CD directory, say, before you close
it down.  I rarely use it for the whole music library at a time
anyway.

Two things to try:

1 - use a different browse method, in case there is something odd
happening with browse by artwork.  Browse by album instead and see what
happens. You should be able to browse to the album, select "play", and
get all the tracks loaded up in the right order.

2 - check that you don't have both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags in your file -
slimserver really doesn't like this. I don't know how you do this in
The godfather, but in mp3tag you:
- from the menu, View - Customise columns
- click the star button in the middle of the dialog box to add a "new
configuration"
- Enter "Tags" in the Name box and "%_tag%" in the Value box
- OK

If it says "ID3v1 ID3v2" for the files in question then you have two
(possibly conflicting) sets of tags.  In the tools - Options dialog you
will find an option to delete one of them.

HTH

Ceejay

--
ceejay