fauzigarib Wrote:
> My covert informant has just passed this on to me...
>
> ... but I can't upload the darn thing! ;)
>
> Got a datasheet on the new "High end" network music player from Slim
> Devices, called "The Transporter".  Got the AK4396 DAC, and looks
> really sleek!!
>
> From the datasheet, it seems like it provides inputs into the built in
> dac... hence the name!
>
> I tried to upload it, but i get the message that the limit has been
> exceeded...  Any tips on how to go about doing this?  It's a pdf file.
>
> Anyone have any further news on this?
>
> My apologies if this has been discussed already, but I just joined the
> fourm, and haven't had time to go through the entire thread yet...

A to D?  Good move.  Not necessarily a high-end feature in itself, but
a logical progression.  It's not going to mean much, though, unless you
can capture the digital output to disk.  That's something a lot of
audiophiles have been looking for and finding in other PC-based audio
systems - the ability to digitize audio from vinyl and tape sources.
Would be really nice to be able to 'record' FM radio shows in this
manner as well.

--
JJZolx

Jim