In the past I believe the scanning part of the software attempted to be clever
and interpret what albums should be regarded as compilations.

A recent change to fix other issues with scanning compilations has perhaps
changed the guessing functionality.  I'm a bit hazy on the specifics.  Proper
tagging of your music library would certainly help.  This would have benefits
such as perhaps working better in other software packages, and perhaps make
scanning faster.

Its a bit like the rules for guessing missing tags in music files - they don't
work too well.  It's much better to have proper tags so the scanner knows how
to treat albums.

I'm sure the developers are doing their best.  I'm sure the releases are tested
fairly well.  They have to make the software cater for many different
situations.  Problems like this will happen, but I'm sure problems will be
rectified.

So, I suggest you consider some of the other advice already given for quickly
setting the COMPILATION tag correctly for your various artists albums, and
perhaps be a tad less aggressive to the developers who are doing their best.

Alternatively, raise a bug report and see if you can provide some useful
information to help the developers fix the issue for your situation.

Phil