On 7/9/06, Jack Coates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I hear you, I've done a little bit of Javascript development too. Wrote it
with Firefox and Venkman, it completely failed in Opera and MSIE. I was able
to get a single version to work for Opera and all Mozilla branches, but
nothing could be done for MSIE, I had to do a browser detection and branch
into alternate code in order to maintain state and read variables. GAH!!!

What were you doing? Minus the whole XMLHttpRequest thing, and a few
syntax quirks in Safari (it doesn't accept trailing commas in object
or array literals), I haven't had any cross-browser issues with
Javascript.

CSS, on the other hand... well, let's not even go there.

- Jacob