When discussing flash interface, please bear in mind that all plugin
developers might not be interested in investing $399 in a flash
license. I think it is a good idea to keep making language choices for
slimserver in such way that its possible to contribute without
purchasing expensive development tools.

I think we have two main use cases where the "web interface" needs to
work:

1. Control of slimserver using a handheld device
- Has to work on small screens
- Has to work on as many different handheld devices as possible

2. Control of slimserver from your desktop PC
- Has to work on all main operating system (Windows, Linux, MaxOS)
- Preferable if it takes advantage of the screen space
- Preferable if it integrates with the OS with tray icons, drag&drop,
notifications when a new track starts playing and much more.

In the second case I think a fat client would really be the best choice
for the user, look at Moose for an example. The problem with this is
that fat client is really not that easy to combine with operating
system independence. So due to this I think a web interface probably is
the right way to go also for the second case. Fat clients can still be
developed by external developers, but I think it might be a bad idea to
include these in the standard slimserver.

A third case that probably will be requested more in the future is
integration with HTPC software like MCE, MediaPortal, Myth.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'