Michaelwagner wrote:

A lot of people don't understand (and don't much care) that the
development effort is shared between volunteers and paid staff.
They just want to come home, kick back with a glass of wine and listen
to music.

It doesn't sound like it's all that much to ask for.

That's a fine explanation for his first message. His persistent harassment is quite annoying.

If the new software is buggy in a way that bothers you, there's absolutely no good reason to keep running it and not downgrade back to the version that was obviously acceptable to you when you bought your squeezebox. I know this for a fact -- I'm still quite happily running 5.4.1. It plays music.

- Marc