Pale Blue Ego Wrote:
> I am also very interested in seeing how this flies with the high-end
> community.  I think this could be the machine that pushes computer
> audio into the audiophile mainstream

Me too, but I think those displays are a mistake. Many audiophiles
dislike anything other than audio amplification consuming power. I
never have visualisations on and I turn off the display a lot of the
time simply because they are distracting. When this thing gets a
serious review, there will be comments about the sound with the
displays on and off. I would have preferred to see no display or a
small one and a much better remote with a display, it's more practical,
if a little harder to accomplish from the SB3 starting point.

I have to say, I'm not keen on the design, it's too fussy with loads of
buttons that will never get used. I have Copland gear that is clean
looking and functional and I wish it had been more like that. Overall
though I applaud Slim for the product - it's what the market needs and
a good move. I hope the server software is vastly improved too.

Paul

--
CardinalFang

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever...