On 8/15/06, ModelCitizen wrote:

This thread seems to be getting perilously close to a small bugbear I
have.
I add a playlist from my computer upstairs and would ideally like to go
downstairs to listen to the playlist instantly on my hifi. I can't
though because SlimServer insists on scanning all my files when I just
add one simple playlist that indexes file already in it's library. So,
it becomes at least an hour before I can listen to it (I do not run
Slimserver on a very powerful machine).

Have you tried going to Server Settings | Rescan Settings | Only
Rescan Playlists?
This doesn't give you the instant result, but should still be faster
than rescanning everything, I would think?

Cheers
Geoff